This Sunday (March 25, 2012), the National Arts Centre (NAC) will be hosting the second annual Celebrity Chefs of Canada. Like last year, Executive Chef Michael Blackie has paired some of Ottawa’s most talented chefs with national chefs.
- Michael Blackie (Le café-NAC) with Lynn Crawford of Ruby Watchco (Toronto)
- Matthew Carmichael (Restaurant e18teen) with Susur Lee of Lee (Toronto)
- Cesare Santaguida (Vittoria Trattoria) with Vikram Vij of Vij’s (Vancouver)
- Jonathan Korecki (Side Door Contemporary Kitchen & Bar) with Jeremy Charles of Raymond’s (St. John’s, Newfoundland)
- Patricia Larkin (Black Cat Bistro) with Ned Bell of the Four Seasons Hotel – YEW Restaurant (Vancouver)
- Jason Duffy (ARC Lounge) with Jason Bangerter of O&B Canteen and Luma at TIFF Bell Lightbox (Toronto)
- Marc Lepine (Atelier) with Quang Dang of West Restaurant (Vancouver)
- Clifford Lyness (Perspectives Restaurant at the Brookstreet Hotel) with Jason Parsons of Peller Estates Winery (Niagara-on-the-Lake)
Finally, special guest Chef Patrick McMurray of Starfish Oyster Bed and Grill (Toronto) will be shucking oysters at the after-party for all attendees.
It promises to be a dazzling day with cooking demonstrations in the afternoon, a lavish evening tasting reception and a post-event gala where guests can mingle with the chefs and the crew. Only at the NAC will you find yourself in the same room as Food Network stars like Lynn Crawford, Ned Bell, and Susur Lee; 2012 Canadian Culinary Champion Marc Lepine; and 2012 Top Chef of Canada contestant Jonathan Korecki.
To read about the chefs and their restaurants, click on the following links from official Ottawa bloggers:
- Matthew Carmichael and Susur Lee by Food Editor Ron Eade of the Ottawa Citizen
- Cesare Santaguida and Vikram Vij by Tracey Gainforth of The Lemon Kitchen (@thelemonkitchen)
- Jonathan Korecki and Jeremy Charles by Jodi Lariviere of Simply Fresh (@SimplyFresh)
- Patricia Larkin and Ned Bell by Lynne Frappier of The Twisted Chef (@latwistedchef)
- Jason Duffy and Jason Bangerter by Kelly of The Gouda Life (@thegoudalife)
- Marc Lepine and Quang Dang by Hilary Duff of Hilary Makes (@hilaryduffcu)
- Clifford Lyness and Jason Parsons by our own food and wine blogger Claire (@gadgetgirl_ca)
- Patrick McMurray by Food Editor Paula Roy of Ottawa at Home Magazine (@paulajroy)
I’m excited. Are you?
So, have you bought your tickets yet?
Where: National Arts Centre (53 Elgin Street)
What: Celebrity Chefs of Canada
When: Sunday March 25, 2012
Time: Live Demo & Tasting Reception (12:00pm – 7:00pm); Tasting Reception & After-Party (6:30pm – 11:00pm)
Cost: $85 or $135 depending on package (plus tax and gratuity)
To purchase tickets: Online, By phone (TicketMaster) 1-888-991-2787, or in person at the NAC Box Office